Community & related software
Unofficial but related work on Shaarli. If you maintain one of these, please get in touch with us to help us find a way to adapt your work to our fork.
REST API clients
See REST API for a list of official and community clients.
Third party plugins
- autosave by @kalvn: Automatically saves data when editing a Shaare to avoid any loss in case of crash or unexpected shutdown.
- code-coloration by @ArthurHoaro: client side code syntax highlighter.
- custom-css by @immanuelfodor - Customize the look and feel of the UI with custom CSS rules
- disqus by @kalvn: Adds Disqus comment system to your Shaarli.
- emojione by @immanuelfodor - Resurrected fork of the original emojione project
- favicons by @trailjeep - Shaarli plugin to add favicon/filetype icons to Shaares.
- google analytics by @ericjuden: Adds Google Analytics tracking support
- launch - Launch Plugin is a plugin designed to enhance and customize Launch Theme for Shaarli.
- markdown-toolbar by @immanuelfodor - Easily insert markdown syntax into the Description field when editing a Shaare.
- related by @ilesinge - Show related Shaares based on the number of identical tags.
- shaarli-descriptor by @immanuelfodor - Customize the default height/number of rows of the Description field when editing a Shaare.
- shaarli2mastodon by @kalvn - This Shaarli plugin allows you to automatically publish links you post on your Mastodon timeline.
- shaarli2twitter by @ArthurHoaro - Automatically tweet your Shaares from Shaarli
- social by @alexisju: share links to social networks.
- urlextern by @trailjeep - Shaarli plugin to open external links in a new tab/window.
- webhooks by @flow.gunso - Shaarli plugin that enables user-defined callback URL, i.e. webhooks, for specific Shaarli events (link saving, deletion...)
See Theming for a list of community-contributed themes, and an installation guide.
Integration with other platforms
- tt-rss-shaarli - Tiny-Tiny RSS plugin that adds support for sharing articles with Shaarli
- octopress-shaarli - Octopress plugin to retrieve Shaarli Shaares on the sidebar
- Scuttle to Shaarli - Import bookmarks from Scuttle
- Shaarli app for Cloudron - Effortlessly run Shaarli with the help of Cloudron
- Shaarli_ynh - Shaarli is available as a Yunohost app
- pelican static blog generator plugin to auto-post articles on a Shaarli instance: shaarli_poster
- ShaarliOS - Apple iOS share extension.
- Shaarli for Android - Android application that adds Shaarli as a sharing provider
- Shaarlier for Android - Android application to simply add Shaares directly into your Shaarli
- Stakali for Android - Stakali is a personal bookmark manager which synchronizes with Shaarli
- Ulauncher Extension - Ulauncher is an an application launcher for Linux, this extension allows research in your Shaarli
- Shaarli Firefox Extension - toolbar button to share your current tab with Shaarli.
- Shaarli Chrome Extension - toolbar button to share your current tab with Shaarli.
- shaarchiver - Archive your Shaarli bookmarks and their content
- shaarli-river - An aggregator for shaarlis with many features
- Shaarlo - An aggregator for shaarlis with many features
- Shaarlimages - An image-oriented aggregator for Shaarlis
- mknexen/shaarli-api - A REST API for Shaarli
- Self dead link - Detect dead links on shaarli. This version use the database of shaarli. Another version, can be used for other shaarli instances (but is more resource consuming).
- Bookmark Archiver - Save an archived copy of all websites starred using browser bookmarks/Shaarli/Delicious/Instapaper/Unmark.it/Pocket/Pinboard. Outputs browseable html.
Alternatives to Shaarli
- Liens en vrac de sebsauvage - the original Shaarli
- A large list of Shaarlis
- A list of working Shaarli aggregators
- A list of some known Shaarlis
- Adieu Delicious, Diigo et StumbleUpon. Salut Shaarli ! - sebsauvage.net (fr) 16/09/2011 - the original post about Shaarli
- Original ideas/fixme/TODO page
- Original discussion page (fr)
- Original revisions history
- Shaarli.fr/my - Unofficial, unsupported (old fork) hosted Shaarlis provider, courtesy of DMeloni
Articles and social media discussions
- 2020-04-05 - Hacker News - Self-hosted instance of Shaarli - it is simple, fast and reliable
- 2016-10-10 - Framasoft - MyFrama : vos favoris partout, avec vous, rien qu’à vous !
- 2016-09-22 - Hacker News - Shaarli – Personal, minimalist, database-free, bookmarking service (github.com)
- 2015-08-15 - Reddit - Question about migrating from WordPress to Shaarli.
- 2015-06-22 - Hacker News - Shaarli: Self-hosted del.icio.us alternative (sebsauvage.net)
- 2015-05-12 - Reddit - shaarli - Self hosted Bookmarking / Delicious (PHP, MySQL)
- 2014-10-15 - OpenSource.com - Five open source alternatives to popular web apps
It also appears in the following recommendation lists: - AlternativeTo - FramaLibre - Project Awesome: Selfhosted Bookmarks and Link Sharing